No longer interested in your X Premium subscription? You can easily cancel it.
X Premium (formerly Twitter Blue) is a paid version of the social networking site that unlocks new functionality. For some, getting X Premium is finally the chance to get that blue check mark on the platform. However, if you no longer see the value of owning X Premium, you should cancel your subscription.
MUO VIDEO OF THE DAY SCROLL TO CONTINUE CONTENT
Here’s what you need to know to end your X Premium subscription forever.
What happens when you unsubscribe from Twitter Blue?
First and foremost, you won’t be charged anymore. Second, you will lose the blue check mark at the end of the subscription cycle. Additionally, you will lose the ability to edit tweets. Other features you will miss include bookmark folders, ability to format text, custom app icons, ability to create X Communities, longer posts, etc.
To ensure you are not charged after canceling your X Premium subscription, you must do so at least 24 hours before the auto-renew period.
In short, when you cancel your X Premium subscription, you lose all the extra features that are exclusive to the paid plan. You’ll only get those extra features back when you subscribe to X Premium again.
How to end your X Premium subscription
There are different ways to cancel X Premium, depending on the method you used to subscribe. We’ll show you how to end your X Premium subscription via the web and through the X mobile app.
Unsubscribe on the website
If you subscribe to X Premium through the website, follow these steps:
- Go X’s website and log in.
- Click More in the left sidebar and select the Settings and support drop-down menu. This will open a new menu.
- Select Settings and privacy.
- In the Settings menu, select Premium > Manage subscription.
- Then click Manage your current subscription. The link will take you to Stripe.
- Click Cancel plan to terminate your subscription.
Cancel your subscription on mobile devices
On X for Android and iOS, you can only cancel your X Premium subscription if you subscribed through the app and not through the website. If you register via the website, you will need to follow the steps above. However, you don’t need a laptop or PC. You can also do the same by accessing X through your favorite browser on mobile and following the steps above.
Conversely, if you signed up via Android or iOS, you can cancel via Google Play and the App Store.
To cancel X Premium on iOS, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app and tap your name.
- Next, select Register. You will be taken to a page where you can see all your active and inactive subscriptions.
- Finally, select X from the list and on the next page, tap Cancel subscription. 3 images
You can use these steps to cancel any app subscriptions on your iPhone and iPad. If you don’t see X in the list, as shown in the image above, you haven’t subscribed to X Premium through the iOS app.
On Android, follow these steps:
- Open the Play Store and tap your profile picture at the top right.
- Then select Billing & subscriptions, then Subscriptions to see all your available subscriptions.
- If you see an X in the list, tap it, and on the next page, tap Unsubscribe. 3 images
Similar to iOS, if you don’t see X in your subscriptions list, as shown in the image above, then you didn’t subscribe through the Android app. Additionally, this method is also applicable when you need to unsubscribe from any Android app.
From the mobile screenshot, there is no X because I subscribed to X Premium through the website. However, if you subscribe via the iOS or Android app, X will be listed on the subscription page in the Google Play Store and the Subscriptions page in iOS (if you use an iPhone).
You don’t need that blue check mark
If you don’t see value in the other paid features except the blue check mark then it’s not worth it. Although the blue checkmark of X is coveted by many, it no longer holds its value as anyone can get it. If your motivation behind paying for X is a blue check mark, cancel your subscription.