You can’t always control who sees your Instagram profile, but you can control how they interact with you.
People tend to be more brazen on social media than in real life. They may comment on your posts, saying things they would never say to your face.
MUO VIDEO OF THE DAY SCROLL TO CONTINUE CONTENT
However, you do not need to allow these comments on Instagram. Especially if you only use the app for fun.
How to control who can comment on your Instagram posts
Social media makes you accessible to almost anyone, but you can control how people interact with you on Instagram. Exe. Enemy. Parents. Colleague. Here are some examples of people you might not want to comment on your Instagram posts.
Follow the steps below to control who can comment on your Instagram posts:
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Tap your Profile photo in the lower right corner.
- Tap the three-bar icon in the upper right corner and select Settings and privacy.
- Scroll down and tap Comments. Here you will find three options: Block comments, Allow comments, and Allow GIF comments. We will focus on the first two options.
- The first option allows you to block comments from specific users. Tap it, enter the person’s name in the search bar, and tap Block next to that name on the results list.
- Go back and tap Allow comments from. This setting allows you to specify who can comment on your posts; Choose the option you feel comfortable with.
Instagram doesn’t notify users that you’ve blocked them from commenting on your posts. They can still find and use the comments section. However, only they can see their comments.
Limiting comments only blocks people from commenting on your posts; it doesn’t block them from viewing your profile. If you want to prevent others from accessing your profile, you should block them on Instagram.
How to turn off comments on Instagram
What if you don’t want to receive comments at all? Instagram allows you to turn off comments for specific Instagram posts. However, Instagram doesn’t have a setting to completely turn off comments, so you have to do it for each post. Here’s how::
- Open the Instagram app and create a post.
- Edit your post and go to the final page before posting.
- Scroll down and tap Advanced Settings.
- Find the Comments section and turn on Disable comments.
Why control who can comment on your Instagram posts?
Unless your Instagram profile is private, people you don’t follow and people who don’t follow you can access and comment on your posts. This puts you at risk of bullying, stalking, harassment, and spam. Limiting who can comment on your posts can help manage that.
It’s also useful for personal posts that you don’t want to receive comments on, such as posts about family members you want to protect. Unless you’re an influencer, consider limiting comments to those close to you, like friends and family. It’s a great way to limit unwanted interactions on Instagram.
You can also make your Instagram account private. This allows you to approve followers, giving you better control over who can interact with you.
Take control of your Instagram experience
The ability to customize your Instagram experience is one of the best things about the app. By limiting comments on Instagram, you can anticipate comments from people you trust and enjoy a more enjoyable experience.