Your Snapchat Bitmoji is the avatar you’ll use to interact with others.
Since Snapchat doesn’t have a typical profile picture, Bitmoji tells people a little bit about your appearance and personality. If you’ve never jumped on the Bitmoji train, here’s how to get started.
MUO VIDEO OF THE DAY SCROLL TO CONTINUE CONTENT
How to create Snapchat Bitmoji
There are several ways to create a Bitmoji avatar, but the easiest is right in the Snapchat app.
Once you’re signed in to Snapchat, follow these simple steps:
1. From the main camera screen, tap Your Story or the blank avatar in the top left corner (whichever is shown).
2. Now on your profile screen you will be prompted with a Create My Avatar button at the top. Click on it. If you’re not prompted, tap the Settings gear icon in the top right corner.
3. If necessary, in Settings, tap Bitmoji, then tap Create My Avatar.
4. Create with Camera by positioning your face in the frame to create 3 selections
5. When your avatar is ready, tap Edit Avatar or Select Outfit to make changes. Or just tap Done at the top right!
You can always change your Bitmoji, so don’t stress about making it perfect. Once done, you’ll see your Bitmoji displayed around Snapchat, including in the top left corner of the home screen, on Snap codes, and in chats with your friends. You can even use your Bitmoji to react to messages.
How to change your Bitmoji on Snapchat
Editing your Bitmoji is easy and can be done at any time in just a few steps.
1. From the main camera screen, tap your Story or Bitmoji in the top left corner (whichever is displayed).
2. Swipe down the top line of the tab menu to access the Bitmoji menu.
3. Tap Edit Avatar and make any changes you want!
There’s no limit to how often you can edit your Bitmoji or how your Bitmoji looks, so feel free to get creative and try out different options like hairstyles and outfits.
You can also easily delete your Bitmoji if you change your mind about it or want a fresh start.
Have fun with your new Bitmoji
Bitmoji is a great way to make your Snapchat profile more fun and unique to you. Most Snapchat users have them, but it’s not too late to create them yourself, so this is a great time to start.