Telegram stores all your profile pictures, even if you change them. Here’s how to get rid of them.
On most messaging apps, changing your profile photo will remove your current photo. However, on Telegram it is not like that. When you replace your profile photo on the app, it stays the same, allowing everyone to see it and any other photos you’ve used.
MUO VIDEO OF THE DAY SCROLL TO CONTINUE CONTENT
This is inconvenient if you have old, embarrassing photos for everyone to see. But there is good news. You can delete any Telegram profile picture you want.
How to delete old Telegram profile photo
Deleting your Telegram profile picture is quite simple. We’ll show you how to do it on Android and iOS devices.
Delete Telegram profile photo on Android
To delete your Telegram profile photo on your Android device, launch the app, then do the following:
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the upper left.
- Tap your profile photo.
- Swipe left or tap your profile photo to see previous photos.
- When you find the content you want to delete, tap the three vertical dots in the top right, then select Delete.
- Select Delete again.
You can repeat this process as many times as you like. And speaking of hiding things, you can hide your last seen status on Telegram so others can’t see the last time you were online.
Delete Telegram profile photo on iOS
Here’s how to remove your old profile picture on Telegram for iOS:
- Launch Telegram.
- Select Settings at the bottom right.
- Tap your profile photo then tap Edit in the top right.
- Tap your profile photo again, then swipe left to see your previous photos.
- To remove a photo, tap the trash can icon in the bottom right, then select Delete.
And that’s all there is to it.
Say goodbye to embarrassing old Telegram profile photos
You should clean or refresh the profile, removing old things and adding new things. You can change your username, bio, and profile picture on Telegram. And as an added step, you can also delete your old profile picture.
By getting rid of them, you’ll no longer have to worry about people seeing embarrassing old photos of you when they look at your profile.