Some users now have the option to pay for verification on Instagram through Meta Verified —if you want to subscribe to verification on the app, here’s how you can do it.
In March 2023, Meta announced that they would be rolling out Meta Verified on Facebook and Instagram in the US, which is a subscription service that allows users to pay for verification on the platforms.
It costs $14.99 a month on mobile, and $11.99 a month on the web, with CEO Mark Zuckerberg explaining that, “you can get a badge, proactive impersonation protection and direct access to customer support.”
If you want to get verified on Instagram through Meta Verified, here’s how to do it.
Unsplash: Souvik BanerjeeInstagram has millions of daily active users.
How to get Meta Verified on Instagram
Meta Verified is currently not available in all locations. However, you can sign up for the waitlist here.
If Meta Verified is available to you, you can subscribe by doing as follows:
- Open the Instagram app
- Tap your profile at the bottom of the screen
- If Meta Verified is available to you, you should see the option to subscribe at the top
- Tap ‘Subscribe’ and follow the on-screen instructions.
You can also subscribe through the Accounts Center in settings.
Note: You must also meet the eligibility requirements of Meta Verified:
- Account must be associated with your full name, align with naming standards, and have a profile picture including your face.
- You must have two-factor authentication enabled
- Must meet minimum activity requirements like prior posting history
- You need to have a government-issued ID that matches the name on your profile and profile photo
If you want to know more about how to use Instagram, you can check out our other guides here:
How to link your Instagram account to TikTok | How to see your first-liked Instagram post | How to switch Instagram feed to chronological order | How to re-share a post to your Story on Instagram | How to make money on Instagram | How to hide likes on Instagram