Instagram profiles can be viewed without an account. Here’s how to do it along with the limitations you’ll encounter.
If you’ve never used Instagram but want to see someone’s account, you can still check it out without a profile.
MUO VIDEO OF THE DAY SCROLL TO CONTINUE CONTENT
While you can view Instagram without an account, you won’t be able to use all of its features. Here’s what to know about viewing Instagram without an account and the workarounds you can use.
How to view Instagram without an account: Is it possible?
Visiting Instagram.com and trying to browse the platform without registering an account will get you nowhere. All you will see is a login screen waiting for you to log in or register.
Those who are familiar with Instagram and how it works know that profiles are the only way to access all the features on the platform.
Without registering a profile and providing login information, you cannot use Instagram as a real user. It doesn’t matter if you’re using a smartphone, mobile browser or desktop.
However, there are ways to bypass this login screen and browse Instagram without an account by going directly to the profile and by using a third-party Instagram viewer.
How to view Instagram profile without an account using Instagram
The good news is that you can still find a particular Instagram profile as long as you have the correct username and the profile is made public.
All you have to do when searching for Instagram profiles without an account is enter the Instagram website URL into your browser, followed by the account’s username.
For example, you can enter “www.instagram.com/[username]” and view the account’s photo feed. We tested this with “www.instagram.com/cristiano/”, but it works with any public profile.
The account you’re trying to view won’t be able to see who viewed their Instagram posts. They can only see who has viewed their Story.
How to view accounts using Instagram Viewer
You can also view Instagram profiles without an account using Instagram viewer pages. These are third-party tools that allow you to browse Instagram profiles anonymously.
There are different types of Instagram viewers you can choose from. Some popular apps include Imgsed, Dumpor, Inflact, Anon IG Viewer and GreatFon. In fact, tools like Inflact even let you download Instagram profiles without needing an Instagram account.
Imgsed is a completely free online service that allows you to browse Instagram without having an account. You can also download photos, reels, and Stories using it.
Here’s how to use this service:
- Visit Imgsed on your smartphone or PC.
- Enter the person’s name or @username in the search bar, then click the search icon.
- You will find different accounts with similar usernames. Click on the specific profile you want to view.
- You can click Posts, Stories, or Tagged to view their respective content. For this example, we use Posts.
- Scroll down to the post you’re interested in and click Download to download the photo or reel.
- If you just want to watch one reel, click the play button. The reel will take you off the web page and open in a new tab.
- To read comments, simply scroll down to the comments section.
With this tool, you can also read comments on posts. You don’t need to sign up to use Imgsed to view Instagram without an account.
Dumpoir is another popular free Instagram viewer that allows you to view Instagram users’ profiles, reels, Stories, followers and followers, and tagged posts without needing an account.
It is also simple to use and does not require you to register. It allows you to search profiles by location and hashtags, and also allows you to view Instagram profiles, likes, comments, and followers. Here’s how to use it:
- Visit Dumpor using your favorite browser. It works on both mobile browsers and desktop browsers. Note that although the url shows “dumpoir” and the website shows “Dumpor”, this is not a case of URL spoofing like the one used in spoofing attacks.
- Now enter the username, location or hashtag you want to search and click the search button.
- Again, as with Imgsed, you’ll get a lot of results, mostly fan pages. Locate and click the specific account you’re looking for if applicable.
- You can also click the Placements and Tags tab below to further filter your results.
- Now, click on a specific post (photo, reel, or Story).
- Scroll to the bottom right of the image and click Download. Comments are also displayed below. You can easily upload these posts at any time using the Instagram PC upload feature.
However, be wary of Instagram viewers who ask for your personal information before allowing you to use their service to use Instagram without an account. These services pose security concerns and this is one of the reasons why you should not download an Instagram follower tracking app.
What can you do without an Instagram account
While you can view Instagram without an account, you can’t really do anything other than:
- View publicly available profiles.
- Click on the bio link.
- See total posts, followers and followers.
- View and download posts and play the reels.
- See the first few comments on the post.
- View related accounts.
Also, note that you can only see a limited number of posts and comments.
What you can’t do without an Instagram account
Instagram really doesn’t want anyone to use its platform without a profile, so your features will be limited. Just because you can view your profile page and post summaries without an account doesn’t mean you can’t do much else.
Without actually signing up for an account and logging in, viewing profiles, zooming out photo feeds and reels is really the only thing you can do.
Here are some benefits you’re missing out on by not creating a profile:
- Connect with other IG users.
- Post a comment.
- Like pictures and videos.
- Enlarge image.
- See Highlights.
- Follow an Instagram account.
- Camera Effects and Stickers.
- Post your own content.
Whenever you try to do any of the above, a prompt will appear reminding you that you are viewing Instagram without an account and asking you to log in to use the platform.
View Instagram without logging in
You’ve learned how to view Instagram without an account. This way, you can browse Instagram without logging in or having an account, but you won’t be able to interact or view posts like a regular user.
If you’re thinking of signing up on Instagram, get more comfortable with the app by learning its best features.