Liam Edward Plunkett is a right-arm fast bowler from England. He represented England until 2019 and was a member of the team that won the 2019 Cricket World Cup. He recently played for Surrey County Cricket Club and Welsh Fire in domestic cricket.
|age||37 years (as of 2022)|
|Birthdate||April 6, 1985|
|place of birth||United States of America|
|Zodiac sign||not known|
|height||6 feet 3 inches|
|Net worth||$6 million|
Liam Plunkett Biography
Liam Edward Plunkett, better known as Liam Plunkett, was born to his parents on April 6, 1985 in Nunthorpe, Middlesbrough, England. Alan Plunkett is his father’s name and Marie Plunkett is his mother’s. As of now, there is no information available about his parents’ occupations. However, they are originally from England and of British descent. Liam has also avoided talking about his brother’s knowledge. Plunkett grew up in England and attended primary school and university. He has not said the subjects he studied throughout his time at the university.
Liam Plunkett Height, Weight
Liam Plunkett is 6 feet 3 inches (1.91 m) tall and weighs 176 pounds (80 kg). His weight may have changed, but we only included the most recent one. His hair is dark brown and his eyes are blue.
- Plunkett began his professional career with Durham in 2003. He played for the club’s academy from the senior team in this fixture. He had a very good first season, receiving 19 first dismissals. After that, he took 31 wickets in the second session.
- He was called up to the Durham squad for the 2005 season. Plunkett was the leading wicket-taker in first-class cricket during that session. His outstanding development earned him a call-up to the England team the following year to visit Pakistan.
- He visited Pakistan from November to December, making his first international debut. Plunkett made his One Day International debut despite playing his first Test match.
- He also played for England in the 2007 ICC World Cup. He was not out on 29 occasions during the 1-43 against New Zealand in the World Cup.
- Additionally, Plunkett took 2-46 in the pool match against Canada, leading England to a 51-run victory. In the final match of the tournament, he took 1-71 in just 7 overs, leading England to a one-wicket victory over the West Indies.
- When the West Indies visited England in 2007, he was a prominent component of the England Test team. The third match of the Test series proved to be a break in his Test involvement with England for the next five years, with figures of 1-43 and 0-57 resulting in England’s triumph.
- Plunkett played in 9 Tests and 27 One-Day Internationals between November 2005 and June 2007, before being dropped by England.
- In the 2016 World T20, he advanced to the semi-final stage of the competition against New Zealand, taking one wicket as England won by a huge margin of 7 wickets.
- Despite this, he was one of the key players in the Cricket World Cup 2019. In the last match, he shared three wickets with New Zealand captain Kane Williamson. England won that World Cup. He recently played for the Karachi King Squad in the PSL 2020.
- Plunkett’s batting ability makes him a worthy finalist. He holds the record for 8th and 9th wicket partnership for England in ODIs.
Liam Plunkett Net Worth
Liam Plunkett makes a living as a professional cricketer. He has participated in several international competitions and his success there must have helped his financial situation. He also earns most of his income from playing in clubs. In terms of his IPL career, he made his debut in 2018 for the Delhi Daredevils, currently known as Delhi Capitals, to replace Mitchell Starc. He also earned £196,000 during his only season in the IPL. His income while playing for the England cricket team is unknown, as is his income from other clubs. As a result of his tremendous fortune, he undoubtedly leads a luxurious lifestyle. Keeping this in mind, his net worth can be estimated at $6 million as of August 2023. On the other hand, he is associated with several athletic groups. Plunkett gains financially by expanding his company.
Liam Plunkett Wife, Marriage, Children
Plunkett is married to the lovely Emeleah Erb. Before getting married, the two lovers dated for a while. The Plunketts also started their own family. Plunkett and Emeleah married in October of this year. Plunkett and Erb use social media to share photos of their daily lives. Despite this, Emeleah has kept her account private.
- Plunkett began his career at the Durham County club, where he first played for the club’s youth before making his professional debut in 2003. In his first season, he collected 19 first-class wickets.
- Liam Plunkett had his best first-class season in 2005, when he was Durham’s best first-class wicket-taker.
- Plunkett made his T20 international debut against Sri Lanka on 15 June 2006, taking 1-37 in four overs.
- Plunkett was a member of Durham County’s championship-winning team in 2008. This was a first in the club’s history. He hit 32.50 percent of the time and hit 27.28 percent of the time.