Salman Rushdie has been in the news a lot for his writings, his personal life has also brought attention to his marriage. Salman Rushdie was married four times. His marriages and divorces to Clarissa Luard, Marianne Wiggins, Elizabeth West and supermodel Padma Lakshmi are also discussed.
Salman Rushdie, Elizabeth West, Marianne Wiggins and Clarissa Luard with supermodel Padma Lakshmi.
Image credit: PKBnews GFX
Acclaimed author and Booker Prize winner Salman Rushdie But the attacks in New York are being discussed around the world. Salman Rushdie has been in the news a lot for his writings, his personal life has also brought attention to his marriage. SalmanRushdie has been married four times. Clarissa Luard, Marian Wiggins, Elizabeth West and Supermodel Padma Lakshmi Besides, there is also news that they got married and separated.
How is his love life, when did he get married, know the answers to these questions
Also read this
- First marriage:Salman Rushdie first married in 1976 to Clarissa Luard. They have a son named Zafar. The two first met in 1969 at a concert. Clarissa began her career as an advertising manager for a publishing company in London. The two broke up a year before meeting. While working in the artistic field, Salman and Clarissa became close and fell in love. Married and had a son, Zafar, born in 1979. After a while, it was reported that there was a rift between the two and in 1987, the two divorced. Clarissa died of cancer in 1979 after a battle with cancer.
- Second marriage: Salman’s second marriage was to American novelist Marianne Wiggins in 1988. After breaking up with Clarissa, Salman made a fresh start with Wiggins in London. It was during this time that Salman was embroiled in controversy over his book. Iran’s religious leader issued a decree against him. Because of this controversy, Wiggins and Salman went into hiding for a long time. The two lived together for about 5 years and broke up in 1993. In 1993, Wiggins won the Heidinger Kafka Prize for his novel.
- Third marriage: Salman’s third marriage was to writer Elizabeth West. The two married in 1997. Elizabeth’s book, set in rural Wales, was very popular. Salman and Elizabeth West co-authored the book Mirrorwork – 50 Years of Indian Writing 1947-1997. After a while, they gave birth to a son named Milan Rushdie. After 7 years of living together, the two decided to separate. Salman and Elizabeth divorced in 2004.
- Fourth and most discussed about marriage: Salman’s fourth supermodel Padma’s love affair with Lakshmi. This is the most mentioned issue about marriage. Padma married Lakshmi soon after divorcing Elizabeth. The photos and love life of the two people were discussed around the world. American model Padma Lakshmi has also written a book based on low-fat recipes. Thanks to this book, his career graph increased rapidly.
- Divorced within 3 years: Padma Lakshmi’s career reached its peak and in 2006 she became a judge on the cooking competition Chef. Salman Rushdie’s fourth divorce took place the following year, in 2007.
TagsSalman Rushdie Salman Rushdie Booker Prize